Sunday, August 19, 2007

8-20-07

This weekend I didn’t get to go any where exciting. This next is our last week before our 2 week break, that marks the end of the first term, and so everyone has tests and school work to do. Since I don’t have a car and everyone was studying instead of boating I just stayed home to relax and worked on some school work as well. Although on Sunday I went to down town again for lunch with my roommates just for something to do. And once this week is over I’ve got 2 weeks of vacation to look forward to. I met a friend at school named Dave, who actually paddles and goes to college in Fort Collins, and we decided to buy tickets to Australia. We were planning to visit Fiji for one week, but it was actually cheaper to get 2 sets of tickets and fly across Australia for 2 weeks. So we leave Friday evening for Sydney, where some friends of my grandparents live, they will pick us up and let us stay with them that night, and then Saturday morning we are back to the airport. We will fly way up north to Cairns, which is right next to the Great Barrier Reef. We will probably stay here for a few days and hopefully get to go scuba diving. Then we will work our way back down the coast by bus, train, or plane going through Brisbane and down to Sydney. So that’s the plan and I’d I’ll be able to show you all our trip once I get back September 10th.